Showbox is a world-famous app used on Android and iOS device all over the world. The app hosts a wide collection of the latest movies, TV shows, cartoon series and much more. You can either stream these directly over the net, or download them for later use. There are many apps out there that let you watch your favorite shows online, but without the internet, the apps are as good as dead. This is where Showbox leaves them in the dust. The ability to download your favorite shows comes in handy in more than one ways, especially when the internet is down for any reason.Most people believe that Showboxis only available for smartphones and PCs. But what about console users? Will they be left out of the party? Unable to experience the joys of this wonderful app?
Fear not, for this guide presents you the necessary steps to download the app on to your PS3 or higher versions. Instead of a mouse or a touch interface, you will have to use your controller to navigate through the app.
In order to download the app on your PS3, just the subsequent steps:
- Before we start, there are a few things you will have to download Showbox and a few others, like the IMedia Share app for Android and the MX player.
- Once you have all the above apps install them on your device, you may have to enable the “Unknown Resources” option on your phone, since the Showbox isn’t available in the Play Store and you will have to download it from the internet.
- After installing all of these, open up the IMedia app and connect your device to the Wi-Fi. Make sure that your phone and PS3 are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now open up the Showbox app and select any movie that you have in mind.
- Before you hit play, look at one of the options on the screen names “Player Options”. Tap on it and select “Watch Now”. A set of all the installed video players in your device will appear. Select the MX Player that you previously installed.
- While inside MX player, look at the top right corner of the screen. Tap on it and go to Tools and Select Share. A small dialogue box will appear asking you to use your PS3 Controller.
- Now open your PS3 and navigate to videos>IMedia Share>Videos>Now Playing.
- The video should appear on display console connected to your PS3. For best results, make sure that both your PS3 and the smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In order to get access to media controls, press the triangle button your PS3 controller. The play, pause, and all the necessary button will appear once you press it.
- You can also copy the movies onto your PS3s memory, provided that they are already downloaded on your device.
See more – mini militia mega mod