Kitchen interiors are considered to be one of the most intriguing as well as popular domains of professional interior designing. As accomplishing anything inside a kitchen involves huge expenses too, there are a large number of people who make efforts to accomplish the job at their own when it comes to remodeling or renovating their kitchen.
Whether you accomplish the job yourself or hire a professional interior designer for your kitchen interior design, well thought-out planning is all that you need to achieve the effect which you are looking for in the décor to be carried out. In case, you are doing it at your own, then you must be particular about some of the most common given below mistakes made by homeowners while re-modeling your kitchen-
- One of the most common mistakes during kitchen interior designing is about not making the most of storage spaces. There must be approximately 48 to 72 inches of cabinets for glasses and dishes just above your sink and dishwasher for added convenience.
- There should also be around 48 to 72 inches of cabinet space just near to your oven for keeping the cooking materials and supplies.
- Base cabinets and floor cabinets made of the best quality plywood for kitchen should be positioned just close to the stovetop for pots and pans.
- Another good way to best utilise the space available is to outfit blind corners with storage devices. The drawers of the kitchen can also be fixed with dividers or full extension glides in order to make the most of space very efficiently.
- Another mistake made during kitchen interiors is about installing an island which is just too big.
Island countertops are an appreciable addition to a well-decorated kitchen, but they must be around 36 to 48 inches deep and flatly 36 to 120 inches wide.
- Next mistake that needs your attention is insufficient lighting in the kitchen. Appropriate lighting for kitchen includes halogen or fluorescent lighting. Insufficient light in the kitchen makes it difficult for you to perform your daily tasks.
- Professional kitchen interior designers always insist on the fact that appropriate ventilation must also be taken care of to make sure that unpleasant odours and excessive heat are wiped out of the kitchen as and when they get generated. There are a large number of people who often neglect this important aspect while remodelling their kitchen design.
Needless to say, your kitchen forms the most important space in your home. It not only adds aesthetic beauty but also substantial value to your home. Therefore, if you are making up your mind for a complete transformation of the interiors of your kitchen, whether DIY or by hiring a professional, don’t forget to ensure to get your plans on paper before initiating the décor job. It will help you plan everything better.